The new Bing: No more waiting list?
Is the waiting list to test drive the new Bing gone? It sure looks that way. We were alerted to this development by a story on Windows Central.
Why we care. Many of us (including me!) have been waiting weeks to gain access to the new Bing. If you were in this group, fire up Microsoft Edge, make your way to Bing and sign in to see if you have access.
No more waiting. Multiple people have been able to sign up and gain instant access to the new Bing. They weren’t added to a waitlist after signing up, according to Windows Central.
One member of our Third Door Media team was also able to sign-up today and instantly get access to the new Bing. She had not been on the waitlist.
Also, many people who have been on the waitlist now have access.
Or, it’s entirely possible this was a bug.
Statement from Microsoft (Update, 4:55 pm ET). Earlier, we reached out to Microsoft for confirmation. A spokesperson now tells Search Engine Land:
- “During this preview period, we are running various tests which may accelerate access to the new Bing for some users. We remain in preview and you can sign up at Bing.com.”
Dig deeper. More coverage of the new Bing:
- OpenAI releases GPT-4 and Bing Chat upgraded
- Microsoft may replace Bing Search answers with Bing Chat responses
- Bing Webmaster Tools to gain Bing Chat and index coverage reporting
- Bing AI Chat testing setting the tone of the responses
- Over one million people signed up to try the new AI-powered Bing
The post The new Bing: No more waiting list? appeared first on Search Engine Land.